Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Eclipse on Mac OS X

I don't know why Java support is so bad on Mac OS X. If you want to run Eclipse on Mac you may need to finagle it a bit. When I first tried to run Eclipse, I go the following error:
_NSJVMLoadLibrary: NSAddLibrary failed for /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Libraries/libjvm.dylib

To fix this, I first followed this blog post:
http://blog.kischuk.com/2008/05/08/running-eclipse-on-macbooks-with-java-6/

But, unfortunately I didn't have 1.5.0 installed. After a lot of googling, I found that Update 4 (available to registered developers through ADC) includes JDK 1.5.0

So, if you are having trouble getting Eclipse running, install Java for Mac OS X Update 4.

3 comments:

peterjohn said...

I appreciate you sharing this article. Really thank you! Much obliged.
This is one awesome blog article. Much thanks again.


sap online training
software online training
sap sd online training
hadoop online training
sap-crm-online-training

peterjohn said...

I appreciate you sharing this article. Really thank you! Much obliged.
This is one awesome blog article. Much thanks again.


sap online training
software online training
sap sd online training
hadoop online training
sap-crm-online-training

peterjohn said...

I really enjoy the blog.Much thanks again. Really Great.
Very informative article post. Really looking forward to read more. Will read on…


oracle online training
sap fico online training
dotnet online training
qa-qtp-software-testing-training-tutorial